Friday, May 10, 2013

Lego Star Wars Birthday Party

 
For the 3rd year in a row, Cannon has asked for a Lego birthday party.
This year's variation was....Lego Star Wars.
You would think that it would get old, but this kid loves. his. Lego's.

The invite was a tweaked version of a pic I found online.  I think it came out really, really, good....mostly because I didn't do it.  Special thanks to a talented friend for that one.  I'm pretty inept at photo shop type things.

The goody bags were super simple.
A Darth Vader candy I scored after Easter, a clearance pencil and eraser, an otter pop, complete with a felt cozy that I made to look like a light saber, and a glo stick. And each kid would also take home a "real" light saber. 
*Best project ever....if you never, ever, ever want to love duct tape ever. again.



 
The food was all finger foods, and I tried to prep as much ahead of time as possible so I could keep an eye on the boys who were beating each other silly with the pool noodle light sabers.
We only had two tearful incidents, and one punching scuffle.
I call that a success.







 
My hot hubby decorated the "death star" and we hung that, with a bunch of "ships" that Cannon made over the food table.

Cannon helped the day before with anything that he could.
He's pretty sweet like that.

I made him a shirt to wear, which he loved.
It was my first attempt at crafting with freezer paper.
I think there are many more projects with it in my future....

The party went well.
Thank goodness it was only two hours.
I'm not sure my house would have withstood any more light saber battles, or sweaty boys, or yelling, or spilled food.
Looking back I think the most common phrase that I said during the entire party was
"no light saber fights in the house" and "food stays in the kitchen". 
I'm that nagging, stressed out mom at parties. 
Yep. 
I will claim it now I guess.

I was kinda proud of my cupcakes this year.  Not the limp, saggy light saber decoration, but the taste and denseness of the cupcake itself, and the frosting. 
Cause I am all about frosting.
And we all know it's really all about me...right?
 

So happy birthday to the amazing boy who never stops asking questions.
(And by never, I mean NE-VER.)
I hope you don't ever stop!

No comments: