Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Good News and Bad News


So, do you want to hear the good news or the bad news?
I am sort of an optimist, so lets do the good first.

The Good News:
The barfing that Brynn did all night long on Friday night is not due to the stomach flu as I had thought. This is great! I hate stomach flues. I hate barfing. I become a complete hypochondriac with vomit. I start to feel ill, nauseous, etc with even the idea of someone in another household barfing. I am weird, I know. (Oh yeah, I am also a sympathetic barfer. I tend to gag and dry heave so badly while someone else is doing it, that I end up throwing up as well. This makes me the wrong person to take care of sick, vomiting children.)

The Bad News:
She has strep throat. Apparently, nauseousness and vomiting is a classic sign of strep. Along with headache (check), sore throat (check), fever (check) and a small rash called scarlet fever (we missed out on this one - thank goodness).
She is now on day 2 of 10 days worth of antibiotics which taste like bubble gum (I tasted it, it really does), and we have to throw out the new singing veggie tales toothbrush that was one of the favorite Christmas presents.

Oh well. At least its not the stomach flu!

1 comment:

RBM said...

Note to self: Leave "barfing" blogs to Angie...