Friday, January 02, 2009

Welcome 2009!

Happy New Year!!! We brought the new year in watching Office reruns! It was perfect! The kids were in bed by 8pm, and I vaguely heard the people yelling and screaming in the streets when it turned 2009. I think I might have gotten a New Years kiss, though I am not sure. I was pretty tired.



I love the start of a new year! I get the urge to purge! (My house - that is....)
We cleaned out our closet yesterday after a yummy brunch with the family. Our bedroom "inherited" a few more pieces of furniture this year, and its getting crowded. We moved the dog crate (aka - Treks Mobile Home) out of the closet, and the dresser in. Then we moved the faux fireplace over to the other wall. Then we moved it back. Then we sat and stared at it all. Then we took pictures of all our bedroom furniture and posted them on CL. I want something new.


I have a big box in the garage already collecting junk for my annual garage sale. I am having issues though. Do I really want to wait until its warm enough to have a garage sale to clean out my garage? It would be SOOOO freeing to just load up the car, drive it to the thrift store and drop it off. But then I wouldn't make money at my annual garage sale. You know, the annual sale that I spend hours preparing for, pricing stuff, borrowing tables for, making signs, hanging signs, and then sitting in the hot sun on a summer Saturday? You know, the "Annual Sale", that I look forward to, because I believe that I will make a ton of money and be able to buy something really cool with? You know, the sale where I end up counting my money at the end of the day, its is something like $63.48.
Yeah, maybe the thrift store drop off idea is sounding good this year...

Here are my new Years Resolutions:
Stick to the household budget.
Finish reading the Bible (this is an ongoing resolution...)
Study up on eschatology (I think I spelled that right)
Get rid of stuff
Make more lists

Happy New Years!

1 comment:

Heidi Jo said...

Just take it to the thrift store. After all the work my mom and I did for our garage sale this last time, it was SO not worth it.