Tuesday, August 11, 2009

SC Fair 2009

It's fair time again!
Time for crowds of people of all "different" sorts, food that would give a cardiologist nightmares, and germs that are only found under the seats of all those kiddie rides....ewwww.
We went twice this time, and it was almost too much for me. I love the fair! I love the interesting people. I love the food. I don't love it when the kids get no nap, are overstimulated from sugar, rides and heat, and then I have to deal with them the rest of the day...
On that note.
It was a dinosaur theme this year, and although my kids aren't that into prehistoric creatures, they loved finding the dinosaurs throughout the fairgrounds and pointing them out to me. They had a blast on the kiddie rides, and checking out the flower show. They liked the food. But they LOVED all the animals!


Maeve almost squealed herself hoarse in the petting area, and I think she might have blinded a baby goat when she tried to "pet" his eyes.

Side note: I have officially decided that I want a goat. Not only will it eat all my grass so that my hubby won't have to mow, it will also be hours of entertainment for the kids. They can also be milked...which I don't want to drink, but hear is pretty good for you.
I have also decided that I want chickens. Not for the eggs, but just for the sole reason that they are really fun to watch. AND, Brynn wants a bunny.
All that being said, I don't think they allow those kinds of "pets" in the city, so we might have to move...hhmmm.

The second trip to the fair involved our church band.

They were playing on one of the stages, so we went to listen, and spend some more time checking out all the exhibits. We did more rides, more dinosaur hunting/reptile examining, and even squeezed into the photo booth as a family.


Can't wait to see you next year Sonoma County Fair!!!

No comments: