Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pretty Poppy

Wouldn't this be an amazing project to sit down with the kids and spend some time working on?

Another blog, "Art Projects for Kids" features an artist who turns paintings into murals in hopes of inspiring creativity in old and young alike! Sure inspires me...and I am not the painting-artsy-type!

This particular project is a 28 page paint by number mural that -all said and done- measures almost 5 feet by 4 feet! What an awesome addition to a blank wall right? And, for $5 you can download the PDF, print them out, and paint and color to your hearts content! It is recommended to use oil or watercolor, but if you are doing this with kids, stick to something easy to clean! Can you imagine how amazing it would look with finger paints?


This might be the gift that I was looking for to get my sister for her birthday! She is definitely the paint-artsy type of girl, and then I could send my kids over there to make the mess!!! Sounds like a plan.

No comments: