Friday, January 01, 2010

Christmastime is here....

Don't you just hear the Charlie Brown music playing in your head?

Our Christmas was great....scratch that, pretty good.

This one got sick a few days before Christmas, but was MOSTLY better by the big day.

This one got sick Christmas eve, causing me to miss our church service, and Rich miss the family get together. I made sure that I had a good supply of medicine for Christmas Day, and we went to my parents for the day. (Maybe I should have stayed home though, since I got a call from them yesterday that they are now sick, sick, sick....)


This one got sick a few days after Christmas, but all that ruined was my errand day, so I am not complaining.
Christmas Eve Eve was with my mom's side of the family. My cousin her hubby and her new baby were not there, but I did get to meet sweet Jewel a few days later.

My uncle also (after a year or so of begging) made me a special work of art to go in my yard! I love it!
Christmas Eve was with Rich's family. It was pure chaos, and pure fun! Kids (all 6 of them) ripping into wrapping paper and yelling at the top of their lungs about their gifts! Cannon missed out on the fun, and that made me kinda sad. Brynn got her beloved Bendaroos, and Maeve enjoyed her stackable tree. My smarty pants nephew played with his magnet toy. J, my foster niece (is this what I should call her???), seemed happy to sit and play with her new Polly Pockets. I didn't get a picture of Lola, or Luke, but they enjoyed the evening too!


Christmas Morning at our house was great! By the time Rich and I stumbled out of bed bleary eyed at 6:54am Brynn and Cannon had already opened their stockings, and sorted the gifts into piles. We had to wake sleepy Maeve up in order to get the show on the road before Cannon tore into all his gifts! I guess that we have to instill the rule that no one is allowed out to the tree until everyone is awake...

We then headed to my parents for a day of spending time together with family. I especially love this time. Not because my mom still spoils me rotten at Christmas, but because I get an entire day to be a kid again. I get to be with my mom and dad and sister, and as an added bonus my hubby and kids get to come and share in what my life as a kid was like.
Brynn scored a pink John Deere bike. My dad must have been the mastermind behind that one!

A few days later, we had Christmas with my Dad's family. In one year, the kid count has gone from 4 to 7. I can't wait to watch all the little ones on that side get excited about presents and all that. This year was especially special, because it was the last time that 4 generations were present. Great Aunt Hulda died New Years Day at the amazing age of 101. She was a sweet woman, always smiling, and will be greatly missed.

We will round off this celebration of "Christmases" by heading to Rich's dad's side for yet another Christmas dinner at the end of the weekend.
Whew!
Then we are officially done....

Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

White Family said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!!