Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

Here are the reasons that my Mothers Day was great:

The day started like this...
...but then I got this....
..and that made me smile in spite of this...


So instead of "toughing it out at the campsite", we packed up and drove home and ate this for lunch...

...and I had the entire afternoon to finish reading this...

...which was not the best book I have ever read, by the way.

Then, because it was Mothers day, and I didn't want to cook we ate this for dinner...


...and to make the night perfect, we slept in our own comfy, warm beds...


And I wouldn't have gotten to do all that, if it weren't for my three (and one on the way) wonderful kids, who have taught me more about God, myself, life, and Hot Wheel cars than I ever thought possible.


"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."

No comments: