Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Maeve Turns 2!!!

My sweet Maeve turned two last week. As we have done for all the "2 year" birthdays, we had a small family party. I have found that my two year olds get a little overwhelmed with the big stuff, and so the smaller things always seem to work out best!

Maeve loves jumpy houses, so my original plan was to rent a small one for her and her cousins to play in during the evening party. Rain cancelled my plans, so we had to make some changes in the day.


After a yummy breakfast of pancakes and Nutella (or "Choc-o-late" as she says) we all headed to the local Pump It Up for some indoor jumpy time. She loved, loved, loved it!


*Side note - why do I always go to pump it up when I am pregnant???? Its not so fun to squirm, climb and slide when you feel like you are either going to a)pee your pants, or b) have contraction after contraction. Here is my last adventure at Pump it Up....

We spent the morning doing slides, obstacle courses, and bouncing off the walls...literally. Cannon and his bff/cousin Luke were also there, and they were hot and sweaty by the time we left.

After naps (for everyone) we had the grandparents, and family over for cupcakes and ice cream. The birthday girl enjoyed all this, and even managed to sing a little bit of "Happy Birthday" with everyone else!


Presents were torn into, and "oohed and aahed" over. She is my girly girl. Loves baby's, barbies and jewelry. Its fun to watch her cuddle and comfort a "crying" baby, and have full conversations with dolls. I love this little one!


Happy Birthday to my joyful Maeve! You are a blessing to Daddy and Me! We love your sense of humor, and your sweet voice. We love how we know where you are by just listening for your singing. We love your sweet caring nature to all your babies, and dollies. You are the one that loves to be woken up with hugs and kisses, and your constant "hold you" request is precious. You are tough when you need to be, but sensitive to our words, and we love you for that! We pray that this next year is full of fun, and laughter as you continue to grow and teach us more about yourself!
We love you to the moon and back,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Elissa said...

I love my sweet niece. She is getting so big and every time I see her I want to just squeeze all that yummy sweetness! But she might think her Auntie is crazy so I just try to give her her space. lol.

I can see why she loves jumpys so much. Helloooo.....she even got to experience them in the womb!