Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hungry????

So, our constant battle (or I should say...ONE of our constant battles) with Maeve is her patience.
She is usually the first one at the table yelling "I am ready to eat!" over and over and over again. As I struggle to get the food, plates, utensils, drinks, etc to the table, she is sitting in her high chair pounding the table with her hands and yelling at me that she is hungry and ready to eat.

Nice.

Before each meal, we pray and thank God for the food that He has given us. We don't eat until we pray. This is not a new thing in our house. But, this is the thing that she just doesn't understand.
If the food is put on her plate before we pray, we have to move the plate off the table so that her anxious hands don't start scooping food into her mouth. If the food is in bowls, we have to move the bowls over to the opposite side of the table so that she doesn't start serving herself. It's funny, and frustrating at the same time.

Last week, she managed to sneak a bite while we all had our heads bowed. She is sneaky, that one!

I caught her in the act the other day at dinner. I made all the food at the counter, set it at the table, and before I knew it, this is what I saw....


Are you kidding me???? Notice, no one else is at the table! Notice that all their food is untouched and hers is GONE?????!!!!! What in the world is a mom to do??

No comments: