Monday, June 07, 2010

Pregnancy Update

Ok, this is a long time coming. I know that I haven't written much about this pregnancy, and I know that I will look back and regret it in the future. Here are some of the things that I am going through:
1st Trimester:
~6 day stomach flu (not fun. at all. Effective weight loss program though....)
~The few lbs that I lost were rapidly gained back as all I wanted to eat was red meat, mayo and egg whites in the first few weeks...there are only so many of combinations of those three.
~My appetite was small, and I dreaded cooking for my poor family. As a result we ate McDonalds more often than I would like to admit.
~Had aversions to anything sweet. My doc loves this, but its disappointing to not even enjoy my favorite frozen yogurt.

2nd Trimester:
~ All day nausea subsided around 14 weeks, with a few days here and there still lingering.
~ Appetite has returned full force, and I am now the perfect date to take to an all you can eat restaurant.
~ Can eat anything, but am especially drawn to the salty and savory dishes. Still have no desire to eat sweets, and doc still loves this.
~ Have started my abnormal weight loss that occurs for me during pregnancy. No explanation for it, just happens. Too bad that it all comes back plus more while nursing. Again, no explanation....
~ Felt the baby move for the first time around 15 weeks. Was sitting crunched up (with amazingly poor posture) at the computer and felt some familiar twinges.
~Felt the baby move from the outside for the first time at 17 weeks. Good strong kick, or arm flail...who knows.
~ Have noticed that my leg hair isn't growing that fast. I know that I have experienced this before, but don't remember which pregnancy. (Again, kicking myself for not writing down more of my previous pregnancy experiences.)


I am now at 18 weeks. Our formal ultrasound is next week, and no, we are not finding out what we are having. Logistically, it would be great to have a boy. 2 boys, 2 girls, easy room sharing plan....you know, all the practical things that are great. I think that I secretly, deep down in my heart, wouldn't mind another girl...but another boy would be great too....

I seem to be struggling with more anxiety about this pregnancy than I knew possible. I am a little freaked out about having a winter baby. I am freaked out about having a 1st grader and a newborn. I am freaked out about going crazy caring for 4 children. I am basically praying a lot, and having to trust God that He is going to carry me through all this.

As much as I am happy to add another child to our family, I am not enjoying this pregnancy much. I want to be done, and I am not even halfway there........
*Sigh*

I had Brynn snap a picture of me this morning so I could record what the "bump" looks like at this point...
18 weeks, 1 day

2 comments:

Elissa said...

This made me laugh "with amazingly poor posture". I can just picture it perfectly. It must look a lot like mine. lol

Kelly Meirik said...

so cute.