Sunday, June 27, 2010

1/2 way Done....Hopefully

Yep! Its official! I have reached the halfway mark in this pregnancy.

Its a relief knowing that I am halfway done, and also terrifying at the same time. No matter how many times I go through this, it never gets any easier knowing what will happen when this baby chooses to makes its entry into the world.....sigh.

I was told with my 3rd pregnancy that it would definitely be "different" than the other ones. I didn't find this to be true. It pretty much was EXACTLY like the other ones! I had nausea for the first 16 weeks or so, and then settled into the 2nd trimester with ease. I could sleep through the night without having to get up and pee, I got my energy back, felt great, etc. Then the 3rd trimester comes along, and I just, for lack of better terms, survive. I feel fine, tired, hot, achy, pee a lot, etc...just survive.
Well, this one is my "different" pregnancy. It has been soooooo different than the rest, and after 21 weeks, I figure its not worth dwelling on anymore.

I have reached a compromise with my body during this pregnancy. I will no longer be mad that I have to get up each night (twice) to pee. I will no longer be upset that I don't get a full nights sleep, and deep sleep at that. I will no longer mope about the fact that I STILL have days that I feel nauseous....all. day. long.
I will not worry about the fact that my dreams are CRAZY, and make me wake up with a racing heart, or crying, or both.
I will not dread the fact that I have never been pregnant in August, September, or October before. I will not think about the fact that we have no air conditioning, and I will be M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E. I will not be mad that Brynn hates our name choices and says that she refuses to call the baby by its name unless we name it Jewel or Rose.

I WILL enjoy feeling this little one kick, and stretch, and move about all the time in my growing belly. I WILL enjoy the elastic waistbands of my maternity pants. I WILL enjoy the fact that I am hungry, but able to fill the belly with yummy fresh fruits and veggies, courtesy of this awesome summer weather. I will be grateful that my hubby smiles when he catches a glimpse of my pregnant body.

So, I am halfway done. (If you catch my numbers, I am actually 21 weeks today, which would make my full term length 42 weeks....I have yet to deliver one of these kids on time, so why bother with the whole "40 week pregnancy" myth....)

Maybe someone will take a picture of me one of these days, so that I can post another belly shot.

halfway done, halfway done, halfway done......

1 comment:

Jennifer McWilliams said...

hang in there friend! if you need AC you can always head up to healdsburg and get cool and then we could walk into town and get snow bunny- yummee
(by the way, love your blog backgroud... just changed mine a couple of hours ago and i totally thought about that one :) great minds think alike!)