Monday, May 16, 2011

6 months

The littlest man is already 6 months old. I would love to say that time is flying by, and I am cherishing every second, but truth be told, he is a hard one to figure out and keep happy. I would love to blame teething, growth spurts, colic, ANYTHING on why he cries all the time, but realistically, I have no idea. He only naps if I am holding him. I have 4 kids. I can't hold him all the time.

He has two teeth, and is eating oatmeal or veggies once or twice a day. He has no schedule, sometimes sleeping in until 9 am, and sometimes getting up at 6am. He has been getting up 2 times a night to nurse. The first time around 2 am, and the second time around 5am. He does LOVE to sleep in the car, so every time we drive anywhere he conks out and gets a little cat nap. He won't sleep in the swing, and won't nap in his bed, so I look forward to running errands, and have found myself loading up the kids to take a "drive" when I can't handle the crying anymore.

He rolls all over, and when he is content on the floor, I find him in all sorts of weird places. Under the coffee table, squished up near the couch, in the kitchen...etc. He is starting to be able to sit up, but has to have a crash zone all around him when he leans too far over to stay balanced.

Brynn has been given the privilege of carrying him around. It is awesome for me, cause she likes to do it, and he usually stops crying if he is being held, so its a win win!

I can't wait (for many reasons) to see what he is like as he gets more and more of his personality. I think he is going to be loud like the others, and be strong willed. I can tell that he has a bit of temper too, which is funny now, but will drive me crazy in a year no doubt. He loves to watch his siblings, and gets really excited when they play with him, even if it is just to put barrettes in his hair..... I am hoping that when he starts to crawl he will be happier on his own, and won't require me to lug him around so much. My back is hoping for that too!

6 Month Stats:
Height: 50%
Weight: 17.8 lbs 60%
Loves: Bath time, car rides, being tickled in his armpits, and being held
Hates: Naps
Nicknames: Nollie Rollie Pollie
Vaccines: 3 injections, one oral (all done for 6 months now!!!!)







No comments: