Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May Happenings

Here's a summary of our month:

2 sucessful birthday parties for my May babies.

Maeve experienced her first bout of the stomach flu. She had it FOR-EV-ER!!! 5 days to be exact. And in those 5 days, she threw up 4 times. Sounds pretty nice right? Well, she literally threw up every 24 hours, so I would get my hopes up that she was all better, plan out my activities for the day, and then she would barf. I was housebound for 5 days. I cleaned out a bunch of closets, organized a bunch of paperwork, and even attacked my sewing pile. (Trying to see the silver lining here...)

During that time I was desperate for a book to read. So when I went to a garage sale this last Saturday and found a bunch of (10 to be exact) books from an author that I am enjoying right now for 50 cents apiece, I bought them all. I am pretty much set for the next few months with reading.

But to be realistic, I am too tired to read. I haven't been sleeping much, due to a little guy who has been a fussy baby for the last 2 weeks. I couldn't figure it out, thought maybe he was having a growth spurt, new teeth coming in, etc, until I was cleaning out his ears and smelled a stench that I can only describe as stinky socks-combined with laundry left in the washer too long-combined with toe jam. It stunk. I cleaned out his ear with some witch hazel, thinking maybe he had spit up while sleeping. I finally called the doc and brought him in. The doc assumed that it was an ear infection that had started draining, but I assured him that nothing had actually come out of his ear. The doc had to clear out some wax to see his eardrum, and as he was doing it, he apparently cleared the plug holding back the draining fluid and the horrific smell. The whole office stunk. I felt horrible! Poor kid has had an ear infection for who knows how long, and the only reason that I paid attention is because of a funky smell?!?! Sad. The doc did say that he was one of the happiest babies with an ear infection that he had ever seen. Nolan even giggled as he was cleaning out the wax, and apparently that doesn't happen too often either!

I made my last school lunch for the year! 2 more half days, and we are in the clear for summer!

Cannon also finished preschool today. I can't wait for the graduation ceremony on Friday!

I am soooooo ready to tackle summer! I am brainstorming ideas to do with the kids, and can't wait until days in the pool and nights of roasted marshmallows!
*sigh*

1 comment:

Liza said...

I just can't help but smile as I read some of your posts. I'm not smiling at the struggles or trials, but at the manner in which you describe them. Thanks for sharing your life! :)