Wednesday, May 11, 2011

St Patty's Day

This is so long ago, I am almost embarrassed to post! St Patty's day is a newly celebrated holiday for me! I used to just try to remember to wear green so that I didn't get pinched, but with the hubs, who likes to over-embrace his Irish culture, we talked up this holiday a lot!
The kids each built traps to catch a leprechaun, and somehow the leprechaun managed to get away, but left little gold coins behind to let them know that he had out-tricked them. They were pretty excited to check the traps in the morning when they got up!
I made an entirely green breakfast for them, which included green pancakes, green eggs, and green milk.
And then I waited for the inevitable.....






....green poop.

Cannon (panicked) " MOOOOOOM!!! My poop is green!"
Me (laughing) "Yeah! Remember we ate all green food for breakfast?"
Cannon " I don't think we should do that anymore."

Ahhh, its the simple joys of motherhood that get me through the days!





No comments: