Friday, May 13, 2011

Easter

I am FINALLY getting my Easter pictures up!
I can't believe it takes me so long to catch up.
Ok, well actually, I can....

We dyed eggs on Good Friday. They had fun painting, dipping, and decorating the eggs, and I hovered with paper towels, wet wipes and all other necessities to keep the dye from getting everywhere. They did great....I am lame.

On Saturday we went to church for the egg hunt and petting zoo, and festivities. The kids all got to gather as many eggs as they could in the few minutes of chaos. Our church always goes big with the Easter eggs. They collect thousands and thousands of eggs, and stuff them, and then "hide" them on the lawn. The kids look forward to it every year. Just like Halloween the cousins set up shop and start to swap out their candy. Its really funny to watch them trade, barter, and exchange their goodies!

Sunday we went to church, got a few pictures with the family and came home.
Then Cannon started barfing.
Nice.
We had to cancel our plans to go to Rich's aunt and uncles house which was disappointing for everyone. I took the girls and Nolan to my aunt and uncles instead, and we had a mellow afternoon with them. They hid eggs out in the pasture, and the girls collected eggs. My mom ended up finding the "golden egg" worth $10 and gave it to Cannon, as a consolation prize since he was home missing out on the fun.


**Barf story alert: Rich and Cannon spent most of the day lounging around in the garage, playing card games, watching TV, etc. At one point, when he knew he was going to hurl again, Cannon ran to the "inside out bowl" (our barf bucket) and got himself ready. He turned to Rich and said, "Daddy - you might want to leave. This is going to get pretty gross". Then he puked. Rich said that it was probably the funniest thing he had heard all day! Poor kid.

No comments: