Friday, August 19, 2011

9 months

Nollie Pollie is 9 months now. He is crawling all over, and pulling himself to standing along the furniture. He has popped out 3 teeth on top, and I would love to never have to live through that week again.

Here is a sample of our daily routine:
8am: wake up, nurse
10am: snack, (or 2nd breakfast as we call it)
10:30am: change clothes, and nap
12:30: lunch
1pm: change clothes again (usually after a quick bath to get all the food off)
1:30-3:00: pick up various kids from school
3:00: nurse and nap
6:00: dinner
8:00: bedtime

I wish that I could say that I am FINALLY getting a full nights sleep, but so far its still not true. He will wake up usually once, but sometimes twice during the night. I am so. over. it.

We started letting him cry it out during nap times, and even if he wakes up at night more than his normal 2 times. I find that I grit my teeth a lot less now that I am not holding a squirming kid as he fights sleep.

He still eats stage 3 baby food, but really likes feeding himself, and I like a little bit of freedom from spoon feeding him as well. And he eats...a lot. At his last appt he weighed in at 19.9 lbs. And his stats were 75% for height and 50% for weight. I was surprised on the weight thing. We are constantly told what a big kid he is, but to see that in the percentiles he is average is a little surprising.

His favorite things to do right now are to go up steps. He can't go down, so he sits at the top, and pats his hand on the threshold and waits for someone to come and get him. He only does this because he has tumbled down them enough times to learn his lesson. Smart kid, I know.

The kids still love him, although when Maeve plays with him, she gets this crazy look in her eye, and she grits her teeth as she yells right in his face. We think this is normal? The good thing is that he doesn't seem to mind...


1 comment:

Elissa said...

ok the thing about maeve is hilarious! lol!!