Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happenings

School starts tomorrow.
I have been avoiding the thought, but its inevitable. Tomorrow morning I will rouse my sleepy children, feed them, clothe them, dress them, and drop them off into the care of someone else for 7 hours.
I will then come home, and pray for them.
Pray that they make good friends this year.
Pray that they have a wonderful year in school.
Pray that they don't get hurt..physically or emotionally.
Pray that my older one will learn to love to read, and my younger one will learn that he has lots more to learn.

But in the meantime, here is what we have done for the last couple of weeks:
I have "officially finished" my craft station, and use it almost daily. Its a place of refreshment for me. A place for me to be creative, and get stuff done. Its been wonderful!
I finished a project that has been on my list for literally, years. A growth chart. Its nothing fancy, but I wanted something that can go with us if we ever move, and it meets our needs perfectly.
Although this is basically the only project that I finished this summer, it has been a summer full of great fun. One of the kids favorite things to do (which is not mine), is building these insane forts using every blanket, pillow, etc in our entire house. Here is a recent one.
One of the things I think I will miss the most about the school year starting are the days that the kids spend in jammies. There were quite evenings that Rich came home from work to find the kids still in their pj's. I couldn't tell from the expression on his face if he was surprised or just plain jealous that they managed to go through an entire day of playing without changing their clothing.....
Good bye summer...We will miss you!

No comments: