Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cupcakes

I'm a wee bit obsessed with cupcakes right now.
I know, I know, its all the rage.
I just feel like it might be something that I can actually do.
A cake is too much to eat, and I am a totally idiot when it comes to frosting one.
A cupcake is small, and there is really nothing to frosting them...right?
I took a class with a friend and came home with a bunch of cool recipes, and these beauties to eat.
I also did these ones for Dr. Seuss Birthday, and all said and done they turned out ok.
And then I found a recipe for Vanilla Chai cupcakes. It looked really yummy, and I experimented a little bit. Tried using up some of the HUGE bag of flax I have in the fridge in place of the eggs. I think that might account for the fact they didn't rise....or I might have over beaten the batter...who knows.
And then I opted to use shortening for the frosting...and discovered that I don't really like shortening. But instead of throwing it all away, I frosted the rest quickly and sloppily, and fed them to my family.
They are kind of like goats.
They will pretty much eat anything that isn't nailed down.
I am hoping to get a lot of use out of the standing mixer I am borrowing from mom...and hoping to try a whole bunch of cupcake recipes and finding a few gems that are really yummy!
My kids will love me for this right???

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wow... very impressive! They look really yummy. If you need additional eaters count me in! Its kind of cracking me up, how right after this post about cupcakes is your post about barfing! ;)