Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Leprechan Trappings and St Patty's Day Celebrations

This was our second time building a Leprechaun Trap for kindergarten.
Just like with Brynn, we let Cannon create his entire trap. He had fun brainstorming ideas, and drawing up "the plan".
It involved a ladder that he made, a trapdoor, a rainbow and a cup that would fall and trap the leprechaun. It also involved a box that was huge, heavy and very awkward to carry. I know this, because I had to carry it on the wettest, most rainiest day EVER and deliver it to his class. Grrrr...

On the eve of St. Patty's day, the kids reset the trap for any mischievous leprechauns that might be in our house, hoping to catch them. They baited it with marshmallows from Lucky Charms cereal. Nolan got ahold of a few...he might actually be part leprechaun.
The sneaky leprechaun got away...again... and left a trail of green glitter (that I am still cleaning up) and some gold coins for the kids to tuck away in their pockets.
I made some rainbow pancakes (which made for some interesting diaper changes) and enjoyed our day.
For lunch I made a "green" themed lunch for the kids and a few friends. No one would touch the green tinted ranch for the carrots. I couldn't blame them. It looked a little gross to me too!
Dinner was a yummy Corned Beef roast (anything is better in vinegar right?!?!) with carrots, soda bread, and salad.
And then, because the kids shouldn't get to have all the fun, Rich and I had our own "adult" St. Patty's date night.
I love making these little pseudo holidays fun for my houseful of kids!

No comments: