Thursday, March 08, 2012

Dr Seuss Cupcakes

Brynn's teacher asked me to make some cupcakes for Dr Seuss birthday. I said "sure!!!", thinking that I could find something really cute to do. I found two ideas on pinterest that I thought for sure I could do. Mostly because I stink at frosting, and these ideas used marshmallows for cat in the hat type hats, and cotton candy for Thing 1 and Thing 2...both of which I didn't think I could screw up.
I pre-baked my red velvet cupcakes (gag) and pulled them out of the freezer the night before so that they would be ready to go early in the morning to frost.
Here's what I learned:
When your house is 50 degrees inside, frosting is hard as a rock.
My "tools" for frosting are terrible.
When I am under stress at 6am, 3 kids prancing around me in the kitchen is enough to produce tears.
I stink at frosting things.

I almost threw them all in the trash and bought some, but thankfully my ever calming hubby talked some sense in me and kept me focused.
They did turn out well, but I seriously need to learn some things so I don't stress out so badly in the future.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

They really did turn out supper cute! Nice work!