Friday, December 14, 2012

2 More Sleeps

I can hardly contain the joy that is in my heart!
He's coming home soon!

We are in the home stretch.
Two more days....

I am, of course, looking forward to the extra set of hands around the house, but more importantly I am craving time with my best friend.
I am yearning to talk to him, without the skype delay.
And send him text messages without having to calculate the time difference.

The kids need to hug their daddy.
They need to have him tuck them in at night, and then talk him into five more minutes of some ridiculous story that will put them all in fits of giggles.

I need someone to meet eyes with over the dinner table as one of the kids does something that is totally inappropriate and uncalled for, yet completely normal.
I need someone to help buffer some of the questions that come up during our morning devotions.
I need someone to affirm that even though I TOTALLY lost my temper, that I'm still an ok Mommy.
I need someone to snuggle with on the couch after the house is quiet.
I need someone how laughs at my jokes.....cause the kids just don't get my sense of humor sometimes.

2 more sleeps!
Can't wait!


No comments: