Monday, December 03, 2012

Day 4

So......
It's been 4 days.

First off, I thought this was going to be the fun part. 
That the first couple days would be almost like a mini vacation, and then I would start to really miss him as time went on.
Boy was I wrong. 
The first couple days were hard.
Really, really hard.
I had a little breakdown on Friday night, and had to call in my mom to come and stay the night with me. 

Moms always make it better.

We are now settling into the routine though, so I see it getting easier from here.
I have been able to skype (a whole new experience for us) a few times, and just hearing his voice has made such a difference in our days!
Sadly most of the conversations have resulted with me mad at the kids...cause they get so silly to see themselves on the computer, and end up making faces and doing weird things while I am trying to talk to Rich. 
Those kids...

I'm trying to get up extra early so that I get some solid time in prayer and the bible before I face the day.  I am definitely leaning on that as I think about doing this for another 2 weeks.  The other night I flipped open to Psalms 29 and ended my day reading this....

"The Lord gives his people strength.  He blesses them with peace."

What a sweet, perfectly timed, wonderfully applicable verse to fall asleep to.

No comments: