Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day....whatever.

I don't actually know off the top of my head what day it is.  I mean, I KNOW what day it is, but I can't remember how many days into his trip it is.
What I DO know, is that I haven't heard a peep from him since Saturday. 
Which is 3 days ago.
Not a text.
Not a skype.
Not an email.
Nothing.
Nada.

But, surprisingly, I'm OK.  Had this happened at the start of the trip, I think I would be in an entirely different place right now mentally. 
Maybe rocking on the bathroom floor, in the dark, with the kids screaming at me from outside the locked door?
Maybe?

Thankfully, we've had quite a few really good days.
Days that I a can't stop smiling because my friends and family have made special efforts to call me, text me, offer help, etc. 
I feel so incredibly blessed!

We've had our share of midnight wanderings of sleepless kids.
We've had our share of humidifiers going in the bedroom all night long so that little ones can breathe through their stuffy noses.
We've had all that.
But we've also had dinners that were delivered to my door.
We've had nights of watching America's Funniest Home Videos and laughing together.
We've had unbalanced meals that the kids said were the "best they've ever had".
We've had prayer for daddy every morning at the kitchen table, and awesome talks about our Jesse tree ornaments.
We've had drives where kids are singing, and sometimes crying, but mostly singing.

We've also had busted water pipes that required calls to my dad and the father in law to come fix.
(Which answers a HUGE question about why our water bill has been so high for awhile now).

So, I don't know exactly what day of the trip we are on, but I do know that I have 5 more sleeps until I get to wrap my arms around my hubby's neck and kiss and hug and talk and kiss some more, and more and more.
I've got 5 more sleeps until I get to hold his hand.

5 more sleeps until my love is back!

No comments: