Tuesday, July 16, 2013

One Night Away

It's always a dream come true when you get a night alone after having kids. 
But a night away...alone? That is almost unheard of for us!

Its literally been almost 4 years since we have had a night away, so we grabbed the opportunity of a night in (say what?) Fresno, for my friends wedding.
Who cares that we spent almost 10 hours in the car for a 18 hour piece of respite with just the two of us....

We dropped the kids off, after two quick runs home to grab forgotten items, and then headed off. The ride in the car was amazing.
No potty breaks.
No interrupted conversation.
No stopping for food.
Just an adult drive.
 (I've completely forgotten what that is like....)

We got to swim before getting ready for the wedding, and then had an amazing night celebrating with good friends!
 
 
 
Then we slept in (again, gasp), and swam again, and headed home.
 
 
 I'm still not sure why, (and honestly, maybe I DON"T want to know) this sign had to be posted by the pool....

But seriously, I will take any time alone with this guy that I can get.
And I'm pretty sure he feels the same way.....

No comments: