Saturday, July 20, 2013

She's Getting Hitched

My sis is starting the great adventure of marriage and a family soon, and I got to throw her a bridal shower.
It was super, super, duper hot...which was a bummer, but she enjoyed herself.

I'm excited about the upcoming changes in her life.  I'm excited to watch her become a wife, and a mom, and excited that I get to be a part of it all.

The invites were the colors of her wedding, purple and orange, with a country theme.  I tried to follow that with the shower stuff, without doing the same thing as I will be doing for the wedding.



I made up some table runners, and some favors, and then did a little display for the guests to get to know their "story".
 

 
 
We had a brunch, so lots of yummy food, and true to my mom's previous events, she made sure there was enough...and then some for everyone.

 
 
 There were beautiful bunches of wildflowers everywhere, that I didn't arrange...because I'm terrible with flowers.

 

 
 The one "game" that I had everyone do (I'm not really a fan of shower games and such) was writing down date night ideas for the couple and putting them in a cute jar.  It was something that I would have appreciated had it been my shower...which, of course, it was not....
 


And here's my favorite part.
I made my very first ever embroidered craft.  And I really like how it turned out.

Before I knew that her wedding invite would look like this, I had picked out a gift for them that I wanted to make.  And I got to sit in my hammock and work on it...which is always really, really, nice....
 

 

 I think she really liked it!


1 comment:

Emily said...

Thanks for this, Angie, I was so sorry I missed the shower... Now I can celebrate vicariously!