Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Fishing Trip #2

The family headed up to Trinity Lakes again for another fishing trip. This time, I was talked into going. I am not really "into" fishing, shall we say? The idea of standing around and casting a hook into the water sounds pretty dull, but even worse than that is the idea that I might actually catch something. Ugh, the poor fish caught on my fishing line would have to swim around for the rest of its life with a hook caught somewhere on its body, because there is no way that I am going to hurt it by pulling that hook out. (Its a catch 22, that is why I don't fish...)
Needless to say, I went along for the hike, and the serenity of the quiet evening by the water. It was really beautiful. We met up with Sara and Marlin, and enjoyed a few hours of quality fishing time. Rich was the first and only to catch a fish, Brynn got to go "camping potty", and Cannon enjoyed throwing rocks into the lake while finishing off his dads beer. (I joke...) We even got to see some bats up close and personal as they dive bombed the water catching and eating insects. It was really cool.
Rich's Catch...
Rich's catch actual size...
Brynn helping to "feed" the fish with rocks. Wherever she was, the fish were not...
Cannon and his bottle...
Mommy and Cannon.

No comments: