Friday, July 13, 2007

The Things I Never Knew

10 Things I love about being a Mom

1. The smell of sleeping kids

2. Finding a toy in my underwear drawer

3. Hearing Brynn sing to herself

4. Having something to do everyday

5. Watching Cannon learn how to walk

6. Being the one they bring their boogies and other treasures to

7. Getting hugs

8. Watching your kids look for you in a crowd

9. Teachable moments

10. Knowing that for right now I am the most important person to them


10 Things I don't love about being a Mom

1. Worry and sleepless nights

2. Finding a really old milk sippy under the bed

3. Wiping dirty bums

4. Cleaning up the house for the umpteenth time today

5. Seeing the tears well up in their eyes

6. Understanding the phrase "This hurts me more than it hurts you"

7. Being held responsible for them

8. Not knowing if you are equipped to do the job right

9. Being the one that they bring boogies and other treasures to

10. Knowing that someday I will not be the most important person in their lives....

No comments: