Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Purple Potatoes

Our neighbor brought a bag of potatoes to our house the other day. She had been in (?) Siskyou County, and it was potato pickin' time, and she thought of us.
The bag was filled with washed and ready to go Yukon, Red, Russet and Blue potatoes. I knew what they all were except for the Blue ones. Those were totally new to me!
We had some yummy smashed potatoes, some baked potatoes, and roasted potatoes with all the "familiar" ones, but I kept avoiding the Blue ones, cause I wasn't quite sure what to do with them. Finally, one morning I made breakfast potatoes out of them. They were purple when I cut them up, and I thought the kids would be amazed! They were a little indifferent, but tasted them anyways. After a few bites, they all decided that they liked them. - Who wouldn't? They were cooked in butter, onion, seasoning salt and garlic! They were delicious, if I do say so myself!

Blue potatoes....who knew?

No comments: