Saturday, March 06, 2010

Craving Crafts

Ok, whenever I need a reality check, I start looking at other crafty blogs. Some people out there are AMAZING!!!!!
I end up spending hours drooling over the talents of others, bookmarking pages, printing out ideas and then getting so overwhelmed that I end up leaving the computer in a huff!

I don't know how people can do these incredibly cute things, and still have their sanity! I think that one of my problems (aka excuse) is that I have little patience to perfect anything! I like to dabble in all sorts of things, but rarely take the time to really do well at any of them. Another one of my problems (aka - another excuse) is that I am always in WAY too much of a hurry to give things the time that they need. Hence why I have yet to learn how to read a pattern, or figure out how to make my sewing machine do all the neat tricks that it is supposed to be able to do! Another reason (aka - last and final excuse, I promise) is that I have no where to do all this stuff! Our kitchen table is not the most ideal place for a sewing machine to sit, unless I want to clean up it every time that I have to put a meal on the table. The garage works during months when it isn't cold and rainy, or hot and sunny which basically leaves late March, April, and October to craft to my hearts content in a sheltered, reasonable tempered area.

Oh well. Maybe it was never meant to be....
Maybe I should be one of those people who collects cute ideas for others to make...hmmm. This might be my calling!

*Sigh*

1 comment:

denise said...

are you kidding?! i think you are awesome!