Sunday, March 14, 2010

In Case I Don't Say It Enough...

Sweet Babies,
Tonight I got sidetracked on the computer and read a story about a little girl who had just recently died. I didn't want to read it, because it made my heart and soul ache so much. I didn't know her, and had never met her, but I read her story anyways, and it made me cry.
I don't ever, ever, ever want to take it for granted that you are healthy! Sometimes I forget, and get caught up in the everyday routine of things, and I forget to thank Jesus that you can run and play, and even make all those messes! I need to be reminded every once in awhile of how much I love you, and how much it would hurt if you were taken from me.

So, in case I forgot to tell you today, just remember that I love you!
In case I forgot to grab you when you weren't looking and snuggle my head in your neck and make exaggerated kissy noises, just remember that I am grateful for you, and I can't get enough of you!
In case you caught me rolling my eyes and making faces at you behind your back, remember that Mommy is human too, and makes just as many mistakes as you do!
In case I don't have time today to read you that book, or play tractors with you, remember that there is nothing more that I would love to do than spend time with you!
In case I spend most of my day correcting, teaching, and nagging, remember that under it all, my love for you takes over my heart and
~ makes it race when I think you are in danger
~ and makes it sink when I hear you cry
~ and makes it leap when I see you after a long day of being apart
~ and makes it soar when I know you are happy
~ and makes it break when I think that you might not know how much you are loved!

Please forgive the sappy letter little ones! Pregnancy hormones, and an emotional reminder that life is not permanent make me want to get all this out for you to read!

I love you to the moon and back, and then back again a million times more!
Mommy

No comments: