Saturday, July 03, 2010

Brynn's 6th Birthday

Whew! Birthday season is over for us in this household for awhile. Thank goodness! 3 parties in 3 months is a lot of work....

We had a "Parade" birthday party for Brynn this year. It was surprisingly easy to plan, and very cheap to do! (Always a plus for these parties!!!)

I decided to do all the "activities" out on the front lawn and it worked out perfectly. A few shade tents, some water activities in case the kids were melting in the sun, and 'poof' perfect outdoor summer party!

Brynn's friends arrived, and then started to decorate their scooters and bikes. They had full use of balloon, streamers, ribbons, and their imaginations! There were some pretty creative "floats" in this little parade.

Rich led the parade down the street, carrying a small cd player that was blasting out some good ol' New Orleans Parade-type music, and we even coaxed a few neighbors to come out and cheer the kids on as they rode/drove down the middle of street! Parents hollered and whistled, clapped and waved, and it was really fun to watch!

After the main event of the parade, we let the kids play in the water, enjoy some popcorn and snow cones, and get their faces painted. Parents were able to sit in the shade and mostly relax as the kids splashed around and ran wild. (Perfect party atmosphere...right?)

The gourmet lunch included BBQ'd corn dogs, sliced watermelon, carrots, and potato salad, all requested by the birthday girl herself. We sang "Happy Birthday", Brynn blew out her birthday cupcake candle, and dove headfirst into the pile of presents.

Because it was a loud party, I sent each of the kids home with a loud goody box. Horns, hand clappers, maracas, etc. I know that parents are hating me right now, but it was so much fun to fill it with all that stuff that made noise!

I would call today a total success, and although I tried to pry Brynn away from her stack of new toys to confirm this, I couldn't. I definitely think that she would agree though.....


Happy 6th Birthday baby! You are a joy in my life. You have a sweet spirit, and a love of life that I am envious of. I love watching you grow up, and am thankful everyday for the time that we have together! I love it that God gave me you, even when I didn't know that I needed you. Daddy and I pray that you continue to grow in Christ. We love you!

1 comment:

Jennifer McWilliams said...

what a CUTE party idea!