Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Sweet Summer Fun

My sweet summer babies,

I hope you remember this summer as one packed full of fun things, and not Mommy forgetting the camera, and being a grumpy and tired pregnant mommy. I am really working on the whole "forgetting the camera" thing, but no guarantees on the "tired and grumpy pregnant mommy" part.

Some of my favorite times spent with you all are during the summer! You all are sticky and sweaty and smell like sunblock. You are getting tan, your hair seems to get lighter and lighter each day, and freckles are multiplying all over your faces! I love to watch you guys giggle in the evenings after a day spent outside. I love watching you splash each other in the pool, and I even love watching you enjoy an ice cream on the steps of the patio as it drips all over the place. Baths are few and far between, and some evenings you just rinse off in the sprinklers or the hose with some soap. Your nails are dirty, your hair is greasy, but your smiles and laughter are plenty! I especially love that after a long summer day, you all crash out and sleep like rocks. Your room is usually filled with silence, soft snoring (except for Maeve - but Daddy and I are trying to figure out why you keep waking up 3-4 times a night crying) and deep breaths until the morning.

We had a really busy few days. This year we spent the 3rd at Analy for the fireworks show. Cannon, you survived the show, which I wasn't sure that you would. Last time we really saw fireworks, you hid under a blanket, crying for the entire thing, and I didn't know how you would react this year. Although you did really, really well, you had to take a few "breaks" from the loud popping noise every once in awhile. Maeve, you loved every second, which I wasn't surprised about, and Brynn, you shouted "That is my favorite one!" to almost every single display.


On the 4th of July, we went swimming at some friends house. It turned out a lot cooler than expected, and most everyone ended up inside as the evening went on, but you guys were troopers and had a great time no matter where you were!

The following morning, we woke up and headed up to Clearlake for a day of boating, tubing, wake boarding and spending the day with family. It was really fun, and you guys all seem to really love the boat! I am glad that people in our family have a boat, cause its definitely something that we will never have......

Cannon - you rocked the tube this year! You wanted to go faster and faster, and actually had a really fun ride! Daddy says that at some points he was worried you guys were going to tip, but you just kept yelling out....faster, faster! Brynn- you went on, but lets just say that the speed was pretty "conservative". As in 2. 2mph. But honey, I am proud of you for going! I know that you didn't even want to get in the lake because of the fish that swim in there, but you did! Maeve, you just watched, which is fine with me, cause I got to snuggle with you, and we cheered on everyone as they had fun being towed behind the boat.

Kids- I also want you to remember that Daddy is AWESOME on the wake board! He only gets to go once or twice a year, and each time it looks so easy for him! He is graceful on the waves (most likely due to his surfing sessions) and he totally enjoys it every time. Mommy is always so proud of him for being able to do it, and it makes her feel like a lovesick teenager when she watches him doing that kind of stuff! My heart flutters, and although it sounds silly, I still have a majorly huge crush on daddy...
My memories of summer are sweet, and I hope yours are too!
Love you to the moon and back!
Mommy

No comments: