Friday, July 09, 2010

Running "A-muck"

My SIL and I have been meeting weekly to work on projects that we have yet to finish. We trade off houses, and let all the kids just run wild while we sew, blog, edit baby books, paste pictures, file stuff, etc. It has been wildly successful, for us and for the kids.
It's another play date in a summer full of fun for them, and its a time when our "mothering" attention not required as much so that we can get some work done.

I have a list of projects that I have slowly been finishing, and a list that I have yet to do.
I feel like I have done amazingly well (thank goodness for the pregnancy and the instinctual need to get things done while pregnant), but have a few things still that are nagging me to get done.

Because I like to focus on the positive, lets look at what I have finished:
Recipe Binder,
Brynn's Baby Book and Keepsake Box,
Maeve's Baby Book and Keepsake Box,
3 Busy Bags for our summer vacation,
A few birthday gifts,
Cannon's Keepsake Box,
Finally putting Maeve's name on the wall in the kids room....(its only been 2 months since she moved in).

Ok (deep breath) this is what still needs to be done:
Cannon's Baby Book,
Life Binder,
Blog Books,
My Keepsake Box,
Kids' ID's,
2 Birthday Books (not sure who's, but there are definitely 2 in the "to-do" pile),
A couple felt gifts, including my attempt at a Busy Book as a Christmas gift to my kids,
Copy all my home videos (yes, videos) to DVD,
Make Book Slings for each kids bed.


Now, this is just my list of "small" projects to do. I have a list of "big-I-can't-do-by-myself" projects as well:
Redo Living room (slipcovers, hang something, anything, on the walls)
Finish Garage Project (don't even get me started on that one)
Re-bark the backyard (the good news is that its 1/2 way done.....*sarcasm inserted here*)
Clean the carpets
Generally prepare for baby....this is a huge list in itself, but I will spare you all the crazy details...

So....I am doing well, and have completed lots of things, but when I look at the "to-do" list, it just overwhelms me a bit. Thank goodness for sisterly support though, and our weekly sessions!

Here is a picture of one of the "kids a-muck" days at my place.

These kids are great!
*I am actually not sure where the other two were at this point...but since they were most likely together, I wasn't particularly worried....

No comments: