Sunday, August 01, 2010

Coloring

Dear Maeve,

This is what you are really into right now and I adore it! You will sit at the table for a really long time and color, and color, and color! I have removed all markers from your reach, because those are the medium of choice, but you are still content to work with colored pencils and crayons!

I am trying to figure out a way to keep some of your drawings around, but I have to confess, when you are asleep, I throw a lot of the pictures away. I can't open the fridge without many falling, and I don't have a binder thick enough to keep them all. I have saved a few that I love. Ones that you filled in with soooooo much color. They are bright and vibrant and remind me of your smile.

I love it that you sit and hum quietly, or sing while you color. My dad once told me that when I was a kid he knew that I was content because I would hum quietly when I played. I know the same about you. You ask every day to color, and when you occasionally stick a "please" in there, I just love to make your wish come true!

Daddy hopes that you continue to draw. (He is pretty good himself, and if you ask him nicely, he will draw you some really nice pictures!) I hope that our kitchen table will last a few more years after all the scrubbing that I have to do to get it clean after you are done coloring....

I love you to the moon and back!
Mommy

No comments: