Friday, August 27, 2010

Preschool and Big Desicions

Sweet, Talkative Cannon,
I hope you can remember how excited you are to start Pre-School! You haven't stopped talking about it since we told you you would start this week. (Although, you rarely stop talking about anything....how can one little boy have so much to talk about???)


I wonder how you will act at preschool? Will you talk all the time? Will you have an answer to every question? Will you make friends easily? Will you be a leader or a follower? I can't wait to hear from your teachers how you do in a "classroom" setting. I can't wait to see you interact with others and watch you learn. You are so anxious to learn! When I picked you up on your first day, you were glowing...(it was also 107 degrees record breaking heat)... and your teacher told me that you were a very intelligent boy. There was some number and pattern work that you were tracking right along with, that none of the other kids could do. I am wondering how smart you really are? How soon will you stop asking me to answer your questions, but instead, start answering mine?


Also, sweet boy, last wed (August 18th) you decided you want to ask Jesus in your heart! We were sitting around the dinner table, and you brought it up...again. You have talked about it several times in the past, and I have done my best to answer your questions, but I never pushed you into a decision. This time, you just kept talking, kept asking questions, kept bringing it up. I asked if you wanted to make a decision, and you said yes. You prayed, in your own words of course, to ask Jesus to come into your life. Your daddy and I are proud of you, and mommy had to wipe her eyes when you weren't looking. I am excited to spend my lifetime with you, and then beyond. You are precious!
A woman at church told me that you said something to her recently, that moved her to tears. She said that you walked up to her, and told her that God was the glue that held us all together. How right you are kiddo....you have no idea how right you are!

We love you to the moon and back!
Mommy

No comments: