Monday, October 25, 2010

38 Weeks

So, sadly enough, I have no pics of my baby belly at this point. Poor kid is already the least captured on film. I sense a trend for his/her life.

I had a doc appt today. All is well, and nothing is happening, as I assumed.

For the weak stomachs skip ahead to the next paragraph:
Cervix is anterior (good). Cervix is long (no surprise there) and she could get one fingertip on the baby's head, which means that it is slightly open, but that is normal after a few pregnancies apparently. This must also mean, I think, that I have lost my mucous plug? (Ew, gross, right?)

Doc gave me the standard list of things to do to get things going. Walking, "lovemaking" (gotta laugh at that word....especially when it comes from a sweet grey haired lady who might have just blushed when she said it), and some herbal ideas. I think I will just go sit on the couch, and drink some coffee and hope that my body will know what to do, and when to do it.

I also got my flu shot and DTAP. Both of which were painless upon recieval, and are now making my arms sore. Nice. I have encouraged my immediate family to get both as well, because this little one will be born smack dab in the middle of cold and flu season, and will have no protection from all those nasty little bugs that will inevitably come home with siblings from school, preschool, and church Sunday school classes.

For now we are playing the waiting game. I have set the date of 4 weeks in my mind so that I will not spiral down into depression when my due date comes and goes, but like every other pregnancy (and every other pregnant woman I know) I have an insane glimmer of false hope that I will deliver on my due date..... Why do I do this to myself? Shouldn't I have learned my lesson yet?

Every night, as I fall into bed (to toss and turn, and get up again to pee, and toss and turn, and get up again to pee) I try really, really hard to be grateful for another night of pregnancy..... Rich has started the daily (which will turn to hourly as time goes on) question of "Do you think it could be today?" My response -depending on my mood- will be either an eye roll, and a quick exit from the room, or tears. (I am sooooo emotionally stable at this point!)

I have yet to pack my hospital bag, get my "list" of phone numbers together, turn in my pre-admit info to the hospital, or clean out the baby's room. Why am I slacking? I have NO idea...just haven't done it yet. I am thinking that I will save it for when I go into labor....maybe it will give me something to do...if that day ever comes.

*Sigh*

No comments: