Thursday, October 14, 2010

Patience

Dear baby,
Just a quick little note to let you know how much you are already loved.
We are still waiting for a high tech ultrasound to assure us that our scare from this week is unwarranted, but in the meantime, Mommy and Daddy have been covered in prayer by our amazing friends and family. They are praying for us, but they are also praying for you! They don't even know you yet, like we do, and they are lifting you up and talking to Jesus about you. What a sweet, sweet feeling.
You are active and in, what seems to be, constant motion in my belly, and when you push against my ribs, or stretch out into what used to be my liver, I thank God that you are here, and making yourself very known. Then, I give a gentle little push back, and try not get irritated. Daddy says that you are the most active one we have had, and I agree with that! You are definitely the strongest, and your kicks sometimes knock the wind from me, and make me stop in my tracks. I have felt you move since 15 weeks, and its been constant ever since.
We are all getting excited to meet you. Your brother cried the other day when he realized that you might possibly be a girl, but don't take it personally, he just wants another kid who can play cars and make the cool noises that he can. Your sisters will cuddle you and love you to no end, regardless of whether you are a boy or girl, and sometimes I wonder if I will get any time with you at all...
We are about 3 weeks from my due date, so if you could try your best to come then, I would appreciate it. I am tired of being pregnant at this point, and want to see your face. I want to know what you look like, what you smell like, and watch you when you sleep. I want to cuddle with you while nursing, and listen to you breathe next to me. Daddy wants me to stop complaining about all the pregnancy issues that I am having, so he would like you to come soon too.
I am asking one thing of you though, little one. Please, please, please, do not come on my birthday. You will find out soon enough that I don't like to share that day....

Love you to the moon and back!
Mommy

No comments: