Friday, October 29, 2010

Nesting....

Ok.
So I went a little crazy there for awhile.
I nested.
Like I have never nested before.
The good news is that I am finally done....sorta.
The bad news is that my "fun savings account" is completely drained and I need to fill it again.

A glimpse into my insanity.....

The Bedroom Project:
The Hallway Project:

(Although it doesn't seem like much, I almost repainted the entire hallway after I patched up all the holes from where all the previous pictures were hung. I wish I was more patient and waited for my hubby to help me hang pictures. It would go a lot quicker, and require a lot less spackle, and touch up paint.)

The "Entryway Project": (it's in quote marks, cause its not really an entry way, just a glorified front door space....)

(The paint on the shelf is never going to dry. Once again, my lack of patience bit me in the butt on that one. 3 coats, in less than 3 hours on a cloudy day....I will never learn from my previous mistakes....)

The Living Room Project:
A "before" shot
And a few "after":


I was soooooooooo excited to work in this room. Our green couches were torn, but still functional, and I slip covered them to get whatever remaining life out of them that I could. Also, I scored a free ladder on Craigslist, painted it, found some wood in my dads barn (yes, you read that right, a barn) and had hubby cut it down to size for the shelves. I love my new cozy, comfy living room. Makes it so much easier to clean a room that you love to be in right????

The Kids/Hall Bathroom Project:



I scored a wall cabinet on clearance and painted our (previously painted white) bathroom cabinet to match. Got some spray paint, a new towel bar, and a new light from Walmart (which I wired and hung myself - thank you very much) , sewed a hooded towel for much anticipated #4, framed out the cheesy 1980's mirror with door casing, and checked that project off my list. Probably the two things that I was most excited about were this little nightlight/air freshener (why do kids bathrooms ALWAYS smell?) and this AMAZING toilet seat with a built in kids potty seat! What can I say, it's the little things that make me happy!!!!

Rich came home and commented that we now needed to paint the walls in the bathroom. Uhmmmmmm, seriously? Don't give me any ideas here, ok?

The "Dining Room" project (and again, its more of a glorified eating nook/computer desk space/place where the kids secretly feed the dog off their plates, but whatever):

A "before" shot. I didn't think to get any of the table and chairs, sorry.

A "midway" shot
An "all done" shot

The picture over the computer desk was a freebie from a garage sale! I love, love, love it! I don't know why. I don't think that it's something that I would normally choose, but for some reason, this one just makes me happy! I recovered the chairs, and scotch guarded them to no end. Since we constantly pull them into the living room for home team and small group, I needed them to tie into the living room as well. A super talented friend helped me out by going with me to choose some of the fabric and nail down what I wanted. (Thanks Kerri!)

The Kitchen Project:
A before shot of a super messy, yet everyday kitchen for me:

The "after" shots, with the help of hubby, and a little too much late-night caffeine induced work





Can you believe those handles are from Target? I have wanted handles on the cabinets for awhile, but have been too scared and money conscious to do it. I found these and we went for it! A few recovered bar stools, a new dry-erase chore chart to inspire my eldest to feed the do, some organizational bins for the kids' homework, and a little editing on my old tin collection, and the kitchen looks pretty spiffy.

And last but not least.....
The Baby Room Project:
This was really a matter of pulling out the bedding set that we have used 3 times before and making sure it was free of poop, spit-up, and booger stains. My "something new" for the room is the little pillow on the chair, and the crib is now ready for a little one to snuggle into with a cozy orange blanket and a nuggy of its very own.

And what did I do with all my sewing crap? Well, I moved it aside next to the crib, and am still furiously sewing until I have to put it away again. Sigh.


So, are you tired yet?
I am.

4 comments:

Kelly Meirik said...

okay & not to mention you are making the coolest christmas creation for your kids i've ever seen!!!!

Kelly Meirik said...

okay, not to mention you've made one of the coolest christmas presents for your kids i've ever seen!!! inspiring to say the least!!!!

Elissa said...

All I have to say is... You are a determined woman! Goodness. I'm exhausted just looking at all that.

Heidi Jo said...

Dang, Ang! So when we went to your house for Aunt Gisela's bday, I thought everything looked super cute and new, but I couldn't figure out exactly what changed. It looks so great!! I wish I was as much of a go-getter as you!