Saturday, December 11, 2010

1 Month Old

Courtesy of Melody White Studios

The little man is officially a month old today, and I am still in awe that he is here. He probably weighs a little over 9lbs at this point. He has almost gotten in the rhythm of a schedule, but still manages to throw me off when I think that I have it figured out.... already a jokester....

I got our hospital bill yesterday. Apparently its WAY less expensive to have a baby without meds. A third less in fact! Now if they hadn't done up that stupid IV that left me soooo incredibly bruised that even the docs in the Pediatric Unit were shocked by, we could have knocked off a couple hundred more! He does not sleep much...except in the day, when I am holding him, so nights are still really rough. He seems to like the binky, which is fine, except that his coordination of keeping in it place hasn't really developed yet. We have fully embraced the "Family Bed" concept with him. He goes to bed with us, and wakes up with us. I nurse him pretty much throughout the night, but its purely survival mode. What kind of mommy would I be to my other 3, if I was up all night training him to sleep in his own bed? Rich has been an amazing support during these first 4 weeks. He has worn the carpet down in the living room pacing, rocking, bouncing, swaying with Nolan at night so that I can get a few minutes of uninterrupted rest, or even shower. I love my husband!

First Bath....

Sooooooo greasy!

Not quite sure about this whole "bath" thing...

Milk Mustache....


Getting some "sister-love"

1 comment:

Heidi Jo said...

He is so cute. Adelaide JUST moved out of our family bed last week. I pray that yours doesn't last as long. ;)