Monday, December 13, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Its been awhile. I feel like I have been swimming against a rip tide for the last 4 weeks.
Don't red-flag me. It's not Post Partum Depression. It's called "I-just-had-my-4th-baby-and-Christmas-is-literally-right-around-the-corner-and-I-am-so-far-behind-that-I-probably-will-never-catch-up" syndrome...
I plan on making a few more gifts, sending out Christmas cards, and hosting a dinner party for our small group. I am insane...I know.

I FINALLY downloaded some more pictures of what has been going on in our life since Nolan was born....


Here is a recap of some of the events in our life for the last 4 weeks:
We were re-admitted to the hospital for a jaundice treatment. I kept my emotions in check while they were telling me the procedure, but lost it as I had to place him in the incubator. The treatment required him to stay in the incubator for 24 hours. He could come out for 30 minutes every 3 hours, to feed, but everything else had to happen in the light booth. I could touch him through the arm holes, change a diaper through the holes, put his binky in, and try to soothe him as well. He really liked the warmth of the tube, but I soooo missed holding him. I did relatively well, and only had one freak out. He was screaming, and I couldn't soothe him, and I begged the nurse to let me hold him to calm him down. They let me, and I comforted him, and wiped my own tears and snot too.
Some of my amazing friends brought me dinner while I stayed there, visited me, and kept me company during the evening. The time actually passed pretty quickly. I got a lot of bible reading done, wrote some thank you cards, and even watched some TV. It was actually like a small vacation, in a weird way. Rich was home with the kids, doing errands, and registering for Paternity Leave. After 24 hours his blood levels had come down, and we were allowed to go home.


We have had an awesome network of friends and family bringing us meals for the last few weeks! (I could totally get used to this...) The food has been yummy, and truly a lifesaver at this time in our lives. In my crazy nesting state I made a huge batch of freezer meals to carry us through on the nights when the little guy is crying, there is homework to be done, and the other two are trying to kill each other over a toy that cant be shared...... I will break into those meals when our meal delivery is done.

We had an amazing Thanksgiving this year. Last year I was dealing with fevers, coughs, oozing eyes, noses and ears (remember H1N1?) so we missed out on any family gathering for Thanksgiving...and Christmas for that matter as it ran its course through all 3 kids.... Anyways, we got to spend this fall holiday with family, the house was decorated, and by the grace of God we have all stayed relatively healthy. (My neurotic use of hand sanitizer, and the daily - if not hourly- reminder to wash hands has done its part...so far...)


Our elf has come back, and one of my favorite things to see is the kids whispering to him their Christmas wishes. They are fully anticipating Christmas this year! We have the daily reminders of this joyful holiday with our Jesse Tree, chocolate Advent Calendars, Noll the Elf, St. Nicks Day, constant Christmas music playing on the radio, and the happily lit Christmas tree in our living room.

I love, love, love this time of year!

No comments: