Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

My cousin pinned this cute printable on Pinterest, and I printed it out and let the kids fill in the blanks. We each got to have two lines, but Brynn was the secretary and wrote it all down.  There were MANY phonetically spelled words.

Rich had a hard time coming up with just two things...so he left his blank.  I'm sure that he is grateful for stuff....but he was thinking so long and hard about it that we all kinda lost interest, and left the table, and never got back to it.

I had to appease the "crowd" too, and just list the hubs, and the kids, but realistically, my list is deeper then that.  Of course I'm thankful for Rich, and the zoo crew.  But I'm also thankful for a strong healthy marriage, for a husband who's my best friend. I'm thankful for kids who have such an amazing ability to forgive me when I've lost my temper, or my words were harsh, or my attitude less then ideal.  I'm thankful for a God whose mercies are new every morning.  I'm thankful for friends who share in my slight obsession with Pinterest.  I'm thankful for two loving parents who support me in ways that I can't even begin to describe.  And I'm even thankful for in laws who show me love in ways that are different...but are none the less very appreciated. 

When all this is said, I realize (again) that I am a pretty lucky girl.
And I don't want to forget to be thankful.
Ever.

No comments: