Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Big 35


I did it! I crossed the thresh hold of my "mid thirties"!
I don't feel like I'm 35. I feel 20...25...30....34.
Some days I feel younger then that....33 maybe?

Rich asked what I wanted for my birthday breakfast.
Uhhhh....Bacon. Of course!
I guess that it would be obscene to just eat that, so I also asked for Orange Cinnamon Rolls, and Eggs.
Perfect meal, by the way.

My birthday gifts started coming a little early when my mom bought me these curtains that I have searching for....for a long time.

And then I texted the hubs and told him to buy hinted to Rich that I would like this for my gift.  Another treasure that I have been looking for since, well, forever.

On my birthday, we spent a relaxing morning hanging around the house, riding my new bike (eek) in the street, and playing with the two littles that were home with us.

 Then we dropped them off and went and had lunch...a very yummy, very much craved Salami and Brie with Roasted Red Peppers, Olivada, and Chimi Churi on wheat sandwich.
At Korbel...sigh.
*Fun fact- I used to work there, and I was really good at my job.*
 
 
We walked around the place for a bit, snapped some pics, and then headed home to pick up the other two kids from school and hung out with my parents until dinner.  My mom made a huge spaghetti dinner, invited the whole family over, and we ate, and ate, and ate.   We had cake, ice cream, and good times.

See those wrinkles around my eyes?
When I was a little girl, I used to look at my dad when he smiled and laughed and think..."When I'm old, I want lines like that around my eyes, cause they crinkle when he smiles."
And now I have them.
And you know what?
I've earned them.
Every.
Single.
One.
And I'm ok with that.

No comments: