Saturday, March 08, 2008

Stomach Flu


What a day, what a day...
I woke up Wednesday morning with severe abdominal cramps, and waves of nausea that I haven't experienced since month 3 of pregnancy. Figuring that it was the return of hormone induced morning sickness, I just sucked it up and went on with my day. Kids haven't been sick, so I figured that all was well. Dehydrated maybe?
Didn't sleep much wed night, and by early am Thursday I was miserable. We are talking revenge of the stomach flu. Had to run to the bathroom twice before it was even light outside. Bummer for me. Rich left for work, and stumbled out of bed to get the kids some sort of breakfast. I managed to slurp down some cereal with my eyes half closed, and my stomach churning.
I dressed the kids, sent them outside and went for a shower. As I finished my shower, I felt breakfast, and whatever else was left in my system rise. Unfortunately it was the same time as the kids came in to hang out with me in the bathroom. I yelled for both of them to get out as I was leaning over the toilet to barf. Had I not been throwing up (my least favorite thing to do in the world) this scene would have been hilarious.
Me: " OUT OF THE BATHROOM GUYS, MOMMY ISN'T FEELING TOO GOOD....."
Brynn: "Good job mommy, you are making it in the toilet, good job!"
Cannon: "Wha ya doin' Mommy?"
Brynn: " Mommy is throwing up in the potty! Good job Mommy, you are doing great!"
Me: "Please get out of here..."
Cannon: "Trowing up?"
Brynn: "Mommy is doing a great job, she is throwing up in the potty. It's OK mommy, you are doing great."
Me: "please..."

Yeah. Nothing like puking and being encouraged by your 3 year old. Or having your 2 year old with his head in the toilet with you checking out all of the happenings...
Needless to say, I spent the rest of the day curled up on the couch in comfy clothes, trying to sleep with two active kids running around the house. So much fun. What a day, what a day...

1 comment:

Kelly Meirik said...

ewww, ang that sounds horrible. i'm super impressed that you were able to lay on the couch, noah would never 'allow' that from me! i really can't imagine the stomach flu w/ young kids around...eek! it's bound to happen!