Sunday, June 07, 2009

Crafting Fun

I have wanted to attempt to bind a book since I watched an episode of Martha Stewart a few months back. Her guest put together a book of poetry or something like that, and he had tons of cool tools that made it look very professional. I didn't want to spend any money, and didn't really want to attempt anything "professional". So I came up with this idea instead.
I made a few little booklets with some of my favorite parenting verses in them. We just finished up our study on the "Mission of Motherhood" and I wanted to give each of the wonderful women in my group something that had some tangible advice from the bible in it. This is what I came up with.
I found some really cute card stock at the craft store, and cut it to be slightly larger than the verses that I had printed out on regular old computer paper.

Assembled, punched some holes, and tied it all with some ribbon that I had laying around.

Voila'! The finished product. I wish that I had made one for myself, but I have a picture, and the ability to do it again if need be.

I wish that I could find fabric in this print. I would love to make some pillows for my couch in it. I love the colors, and the floral mixed with paisley.

No comments: