Friday, June 26, 2009

A New Favorite

I netflixed (is that really a verb?) the movie "Once". It was suggested to me, and of course I had to check it out. I love it. It is more like a music video than a movie in actuality. The plot is slow, but the music and singing is AMAZING!!!!!!!

The two characters in the movie are Glen Hansard and Marketta Irglova. His voice is raw, and his music heartfelt, and the tune stays with you long after the movie is over.
Check it out here if you like!
I also, in my own obsessive way, created a Pandora Radio station called "Once". So far it has been filled with great, mellow tunes by artists that I love! Ah, its a good day!

6 comments:

Petersen Family said...

Is this where the song called Falling Slowly came from? I know it won the academy award and was sung beautifully by Kris Allen this season on American idol...right?

familyof5 said...

Yep! You are right Lindsey!

David Ower said...

I fell asleep during this and all I remember is when they would sing really loud and it annoyed me enough to wake me up and then I would just hope that they would stop singing soon. Heidi's got the soundtrack on her wishlist though, so there must have been something good about it.

familyof5 said...

Oh boo David....Your wife has great taste, so you know its got to be good!!!!

Elissa said...

You are turning into quite the movie expert. Siscal and Andre. Sounds good. Or should it be Andre & Ebert? Hmm

Heidi Jo said...

Ha! I just saw what David wrote. Seriously, he would like wrestle around on the bed and pull the pillow over his head enough to let me know he was annoyed by the music, but I wasn't going to turn it off- I loved it!