Monday, June 22, 2009

One Year Anniversary

Its been one year since my grandma passed away. I can't believe that I still miss her as much as I did when she first died. I still find myself picking up the phone sometimes to call and ask her a question about cooking, or gardening, only to realize that its not a possibility anymore.
My mom is going to have it rough this year, and the sad part is that my grandma died the day before my parents anniversary, but we found out on their actual anniversary day. It stinks that it will forever be part of their memories.
I was talking about my grandma to Rich the other night. Once again, I stated that I was so thankful for my mom, and her insistence to do family dinner every week. I had the opportunity to dine, talk, and share my life and the lives of my kids with her every week for years! I don't regret a minute of it! Its time that is irreplaceable, and memories that I will treasure in my heart forever.
Thanks mom for always holding us to the expectation that we have to spend one night a week together as a family. You always know best!!!

No comments: