Tuesday, June 30, 2009

River Time and Tadpoles

Rich got off early from work unexpectedly yesterday, so I packed up dinner and we headed to the river for a picnic.
The kids loved it, and Rich and I had a great time watching them splash in the "slight" current (read: will suck you away faster than you know it) and collecting tadpoles (read: I now have something else to take care of, and when these little guys die there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth).
My dinner was awesome for being thrown together! I BBQ-ed some marinated chicken tenders, cut them up and tossed them on the salad that I was planning on serving that night. I also cooked up some broccoli and some cheesy biscuits, wrapped them up, and served that to the kids on paper plates on the beach of the river. It was a pretty fancy schmancy picnic!
Summer time is here, and there is no better place than the river to hang out!


No comments: