Tuesday, June 09, 2009

June Meals

I tried something this month that my sister in law has mastered. I prepped, cooked and froze 29 meals for the month of June. It was quite a feat, but unless it saves us oodles of money this month, I don't know if I will do it again. I am not sure that it was worth the time. Everyday I will still have to prepare my fresh veggies, and salad, so the idea of not cooking for a month is a bit misleading. I also had to use more processed foods and canned items than I normally do. I will let you know....

What I started with. I didn't bother to put it all away nicely since I knew that I would be pulling it out again very, very soon.
After 15 hours of work, here is my accomplishment.

The freezer in the garage is packed with food, and I even had to use some space in our kitchen freezer to fit it all.

No comments: