Thursday, July 23, 2009

Baby Shower

I helped out with a baby shower the other day for my second-cousin-in-law-by-marriage. Did you catch all that?
They are expecting their first in Oct, and we are all pretty excited for them. It was a "A,B,C" theme shower, outside in the grove at the park. The weather was hot, but not unbearable, and I think it turned out really nice!

Here was one of the table centerpieces.


Each place setting had a letter on the plate. The person sitting there had to come up with one piece of advice based on the letter that they got. It was interesting to hear multi-generational advice. There was some really great wisdom passed along!

Since it was a morning brunch, we just had carrot cake cupcakes for dessert. Yummy!

Mmmmmnnn, my favorite part was the yogurt parfaits! They were sooo good with fresh blueberries, good quality granola and simple strawberry yogurt! They looked pretty too!

Congrats Jeni and Scott! Can't wait to meet the little one!

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Good Job Ang! I love the ABC theme. So cute. I really like the table settings. Now as far as the letter on a plate. Ummm that might have been my worst nightmare to have to talk in front of everyone. Yikes.