Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Highs and Lows and Highs

Wow. What a day! Talk about highs and lows...
I got up early this morning to catch some quiet time in my bible before the kids got up. I love the silence of a sleeping house! The sun wasn't due to come up yet for awhile, so it was still semi-dark, which is another of my favorite times. After some bible time, I picked up the book that I am reading, and powered through another chapter. I love this book, and couldn't recommend it enough!!!

The book focuses on Titus 2:3-5. These 3 verses basically lay out a foundation of what God instructs our roles as women to be. Each chapter takes one of the "virtues" and focuses on it. This morning I was reading about "...works in the home..". It was so uplifting and encouraging for me! One quote that stuck out to me was from Dr. Francis Schaeffer, who said that just as many people had come to know Christ through his wives Cinnamon rolls, as through his preaching! I love that idea! My role as a home maker is just as important as my husbands role as the provider for our family!
I left my morning quiet time totally refreshed, charged and ready for the day. To bad today is the day that Cannon throws more fits than he ever has in his life! This boy is testing me! I feel like he is constantly pushing against the boundaries that we have set, and I know that its normal, but it doesn't make it any easier. I want to be a cheerful, joyful mother, but its pretty hard when I spend the entire day disciplining, correcting and adjusting behavior! What a bummer!
But then, Brynn, says something to me that absolutely makes my day! We are talking about "when I grow up" stuff. I told her that when I was little, I wanted to be a vet when I grew up. She said, "When I grow up, I want to get married to a firefighter, stay home and take care of my kids all day long. And, I will also want to clean my house...".
OK, so the 'clean my house' bit is pretty funny, but I am actually honored that she would want to do the same thing that I am doing. What a compliment! I have do have the best job in the whole world!

Titus 2:3-5
Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands, and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God might not be reviled.

No comments: